What Zines Are Like
Skim a zine for three minutes and then switch, for four rounds. You will not be able to read these zines in their entirety.
[Content: curse words, sexuality, nudity, violence]
- Spring - Femmes Unite #2
- Summer - Yell Zine #3
- Fall - Asian American Feminist Antibodies
- Winter - Dream Passport... to a Future World
- Spring - Yell Zine #3
- Summer - Asian American Feminist Antibodies
- Fall - Dream Passport... to a Future World
- Winter - Femmes Unite #2
In breakout rooms discuss for 5-8 minutes:
- Did one or more of the zines have an impact on you? On the creator?
- How do the zines document their time?
- How do the zine images complement or complicate the text?
- How does a zine communicate knowledge or mastery of its topic?
- Which students might flourish making a zine in a way they don't in a research paper?
- Are learning styles also performing styles?
- How would you grade a zine?